Monday, October 12, 2009

Peace Among the Poo

yes, that's right...i said poo...

I think this is one of the hardest things for me...seeing God when life goes into the crapper...Here are just a few details...our new home, our first dream house together has a busted roof...not sure whose fault it is, or if the previous sellers could even have knowledge of it...all I know is that one night, shortly after we bought our home...it rained in my living room. Thankfully, it hasn't done it but that once, however, after several estimates and conversations with attorneys, its determined we need to find a way to fix our roof...and where is that money going to come from?

Then, last week, my hubs' car has a defect that only the dealer can fix...300 dollars later...we have a part the size of my fist...I could think of a lot of other things I could have spent 300 dollars on...

The cherry on the cake of my last week was my little guy, DS for you interet people, gets a cold, cough and hives that we can't seem to get rid of. The pedi said to give him benadryl, but they were back in full force this morning.

So, where is God in all this? Where is my moment of Peace? I learned this week that my moments of peace come quietly...like when the insurance check shows up and it miraculously covers the expense of my husband's car...and when we have a guy from our church who used to own a roofing company offering to at least advise us through the process *because we get screweed a lot as a young couple...don't ask about the 1500 dollar pots we were talked into!*
...Moments of peace come when, even though covered in hives, my DS has no fever and can still be his normal adorable self...

God is not a magician or genie, who upon receiveing the right prayer will whisk all bad things away...in fact, I think there are several instances where he never wants to see us attacked like that at all...but in the tiniest smile from a 9 month old boy, he lets me know that he's still there holding me...and while Im trying to do all I can to hold it together, he's right there, holding me together.

now to see a man about a roof...

No comments:

Post a Comment